lunes, 11 de febrero de 2013

Tinariwen - Iswegh Attay


LYRICS

This pain is a burden
If only my cell would turn into an open plain.
I drank a glass of tea that scorched my heart.
You told me something and I never answered
But if we meet one day, I’ll remind you
This woman, who I glimpsed
Without even sitting down or kneeling
If only this cell could become as vast as a prairie
I’d fly off like a bird
The lion is intrepid and the frog is vulnerable
But the latter is better at finding the path to water.


Throughout the video we are able to notice certain things.

About the way they dress we are now able to say that not everybody wears the long tunics, there are also people who wears clothes, which we consider as the normal ones to be worn, such as pants and  t-shirts, not too formal by the way.

The musical composition, even though is not that complex, is pretty good, at least that's what I think. It reflects pace, serenity (maybe for being so basic). Now, the lyrics is all about them being trapped by their hearts because of some woman, but all they want is freedom, to be able to be free like a bird. This thought leaves us to think about a huge love for nature due to its different metaphors related to it, lyrics even have tea as the solution to be free.


www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5P0oO8nphMY  

1 comentario:

  1. I think the exact same think, the whole song it's about freedom, we see in the video that they are in a cave and the want to leave that place to finally be free.

    ResponderEliminar